Another 31st of the month and another milestone – 8 months post operative to hip pinning, to the day. (Longest 8 months ever.)
Fortunately I have more good to say than bad.
- I can live a normal life again.
- I am mostly pain free, aching now and then but nothing dramatic.
- My good hip took quite a beating for many months but has calmed down quite a bit.
- My workout routine is going well. (Elliptical – 15 minutes/ level 1; treadmill – 20 minutes walking medium pace; stationary bike – 17 minutes/ level 1. Of all of these exercises my op hip probably likes the bike the least.)
- Good gait
- I can walk a mile very nicely
Best compliment I have gotten recently? From my husband, who said “if one does not know you had a hip fracture, one would never know it, just by looking at you.”
- Sports are still not happening. Neither is outdoor biking on a real bike.
- Walking anything over a mile gets tiring very quickly and the more I walk, the slower I get and the more the limp comes back.
- Muscle atrophy is still a big subject
- Muscle imbalance
- Keep doing what I am doing
- Work on endurance
- Build up strength
- Keep ROM going